How We Select Our Employees.
Stage 1: Resume or CV.
Your professional resume must be submitted directly to NHE or via a major job resume company (e.g. LinkedIn, Monster, Careerbuilder, Indeed). A CV may be submitted at anytime.
Stage 2: Preliminary Interview (20 minutes).
To be considered for an NHE job position, a candidate most possess at least one of the following attributes:
* Substantial job experience, relevant to the position or,
* A four year degree (e.g. exercise science; exercise physiology; kinesiology; nutrition; sports medicine) or,
* Exceptional fitness accomplishment (e.g. amateur bodybuilder, fitness/endurance competitor; collegiate athlete) or,
* Exceptional career accomplishment (e.g. tenured professor; professional athlete; published author, professional bodybuilder)
Stage 3: NHE Master Trainer Certification Exam- [MTC Exam] (Allotted 3 hours).
All NHE exams are administered free of charge to job candidates. NHE job candidates are tested for competency in various fitness and health topics. The NHE MTC exam is also evaluated to assist NHE in ascertaining a candidate's level of professionalism. A maximum of two (2) MTC exam attempts may be considered for employment purposes.
Stage 4: NHE Professional Code of Conduct Questionnaire [PCC] (90 minutes).
The PCC is another recruitment tool utilized to help NHE ascertain a candidate's level of professionalism. It is a probability analysis, focusing exclusively on conduct, ethics, behaviorism and ambition.
Stage 5: Final Tier Interview (new hires only)- 2 options available (2 hours).
1) Physical location: Marriott Resort- 50 Enterprise, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656. Saturdays only, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm only.
2) Virtual : For U.S. residents outside the Southern California area or living abroad. All virtual interview fees are paid by NHE.
Human Resources Department
A resume or CV must contain relevant professional experience or relevant courses of academic study. An initial assessment of your expertise, qualifications, career path and professionalism. No required fees or travel requirements. Exam is administered online. 230 exercise science and nutrition questions. Responses must be factually based. All NHE certificates/credentials are free of charge to job candidates/employees/Independent contractors. No required fees or travel requirements. Questionnaire is administered online. 30 subjective questions. Responses must be honest.
5) Recruitment Decision Follow Up
Each job candidate is required to request a recruitment decision no sooner than two (2) days after submitting the PCC Questionnaire/MTC exam and no later than three (3) weeks after submitting the PCC questionnaire/MTC exam. If the job candidate has retaken the master trainer exam, in a continuous effort to seek employment, but has already taken the PCC Questionnaire once or it has been waived, then he/she must request a final recruitment decision no sooner than one (1) week after submitting the master trainer retake exam and no later than three (3) weeks after submitting the master trainer retake exam.
The recruitment decision request must be by email as to ensure a reliable means of verification. The recruitment decision request must be sent, specifically, to the NHE director/supervisor who originally authorized recruitment component #3 [not the HR department in general].
Components #6 and #7 are reserved for HR approved candidates (new hirers).
6) Job Title Consultation.
A verification of job viabilities (i.e. work schedule, region/tier allocation, compensation, logistical assessment, etc.)
7) Final Tier Interview (FTI)
This is the conclusion of the recruitment process. It consists of a person- to- person meeting (90-120 mins), involving new hire procedures, affiliate location approval/allocation, protocols and/or logistical confirmation(s), etc. Video conferencing is available.
NHE Recruitment Process
#1, #2, #3, and #4 are qualification evaluation components. Components #6 and #7 are reserved for HR approved candidates.
* NHE reserves the right to rescind any job offer type, at anytime, in the event a candidate has raised a professional, ethical or academic cause for concern. At no time is anyone guaranteed employment, prior to the receipt of an official NHE job offer letter via U.S.P.S.